Cookie Swap: Sara's Caramel Heart Chocolate Cookies
'Tis the season of holiday cookie swaps and to keep things COVID-safe, we've gone virtual!
To keep things socially distant, we decided to host a virtual exchange among the FLIK Hospitality team. Join us all December long as we swap recipes with you and our fellow FLIK family members and share our favorite homemade holiday treats!
To kick us off, Tracy made a list and checked it twice, and Sara's Caramel Heart Chocolate Cookies are certainly nice.
A traditional cookie exchange is a holiday party where friends, family, neighbors, and loved ones gather to share and swap their favorite cookies. Each party guest is responsible for bringing a unique cookie to the swap. The assortment of cookies are then set up in a grand display, and guests are invited to sample the treats and build their own goodie boxes of cookies to take home at the end of the night.
Sara's Caramel Heart Chocolate Cookies
Soft chocolate cookies with a chocolate caramel surprise inside.
Recipe By: Sara Tello
Baked By: Tracy Wilczek
|2 1/2 c. all purpose flour|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|3/4 c. cocoa|
|1 c. butter, at room temperature|
|3/4 c. granulated sugar, plus a few extra tablespoons|
|3/4 c. light brown sugar|
|1 tsp. vanilla extract|
|1 bag Rolo candies|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well. Take a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough and wrap around one Rolo candy. Make sure Rolo is completely covered with cookie dough.
- Roll dough ball in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you run out of cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove form oven and let sit on cookies sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Check back all month long as we Spotlight recipes from the FLIK family!
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!