Cookie Swap: David's Cherry Pom Pom
Part of what makes the holidays great is the passing of recipes from generation to generation. Today, Kerry and her daughter are baking David's grandmother's Cherry Pom Pom cookies -- a delicious cherry and coconut flavored cookie.
Which recipes are you baking this holiday season?
- Day 1: Cookie Swap: Sara's Caramel Heart Chocolate Cookies
- Day 2: Cookie Swap: Peyton's Pecan Caramels
- Day 3: Cookie Swap: Tracy's Puppy Paws
- Day 4: Cookie Swap: Keri's Snickerdoodle
- Day 5: Cookie Swap: Jenna's Maple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 6: Cookie Swap: Granny's Mini Coconut Pies
- Day 7: Cookie Swap: Daniel's Biscotti Falcona Marittima
- Day 8: Cookie Swap: Michaela's Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Day 9: Cookie Swap: Sandy's Gingersnaps
- Day 10: Cookie Swap: Danielle's Chocolate Saltine Bar
- Day 11: Cookie Swap: Nicole's Soft Baked Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Day 12: Cookie Swap: John's Springerle Cookie
- Day 13: Cookie Swap: Emily's Pistachio Linzer Hearts
- Day 14: Cookie Swap: Kerry's Take a Hike Cookies
David's Cherry Pom Pom
Grandma Cunningham's secret recipe.
Recipe By: David Cunningham
Baked By: Kerry Cheap
|1 c. flour|
|1/2 tsp. baking powder|
|1/2 c. canola oil|
|3 tbsp. cherry jello|
|1 sm. package instant vanilla pudding|
|1/2 tsp. almond extract|
|3/4 c. chopped walnuts|
|3/4 c. grated coconut|
|1 tsp. water|
|2 c. flaked coconut|
|3 tbsp. milk|
- In a large bowl, combine oil, gelatin, pudding mix, and egg yolks. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, milk, and almond extract. Blend well.
- Stir in walnuts and grated coconut.
- Shape the dough into balls of 1 tsp. each. Slightly beat egg whites with water.
- Roll the balls in egg whites, then roll in flaked coconut.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet until coconut is light brown.
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!