Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Dessert is often celebratory and we have a lot to celebrate—Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s, to name a few. And what is a dessert spread without chocolate? December’s Functional Food is cocoa. Fitting for this time of year, isn’t it?
Our recipe for Chocolate Olive Oil Cake is rich and indulgent and, at the same time, contributes some benefits from high-quality cocoa. Cocoa is rich in polyphenols and flavanols, antioxidants that may help to lower your risk of chronic disease. Stick to a small portion and we’re giving you the green light on this sweet treat.
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Our recipe for Chocolate Olive Oil Cake is rich and indulgent and, at the same time, contributes some benefits from high-quality cocoa.
Serving size: 1 slice, Makes 12 servings
|4 ounces flour|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1.5 ounces baking cocoa|
|1/2 cup boiling water|
|7 ounces sugar|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|5 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil|
|4 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 tablespoon powdered sugar|
- In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and boiling water until cocoa is dissolved.
- Whisk tougher sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla in another bowl until mixture is pale in color and creamy, about 3 minutes. Stir flour mixture and chocolate mixture into creamed eggs and sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Line a 9” cake pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake in a 325°F oven for about 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow cake to cool then unmold cake from pan and dust with powdered sugar. Cut cake into 12 equal slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories, 13 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 90 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrates, 17 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein
What We Were Talking About in 2018: Chocolate Hummus
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!