BBQ Chicken, Black Bean, Sweet Potato Blended Burgers
Keep the grill fired up all summer long with our BBQ Spiced Chicken, Black Bean, Sweet Potato “Blended Burger.” This sweet and savory burger is not only packed with flavor, but is bursting with color, fiber, and a touch of heat in every bite. An added bonus? Our blended burger is topped with a cooling blueberry pineapple salsa that provides the perfect balance to the patty’s tangy BBQ spice blend.
Not only will your taste buds thank you, so will your community as the seasonal ingredients for this fruit-forward salsa can all be found at your local farmer’s market.
Whether you're trying to stretch your protein further or simply fit in some extra vegetables, try more of our blended burger recipes:
- Pork and Mushroom Blended Banh Mi Burger, Pickled Carrots and Daikon
- Cod, White Bean, Artichoke Blended Burger, Greek Yogurt Tartar Sauce
- Teriyaki Brown Rice Edamame Burger, Marinated Cucumbers
- Beef and Mushroom Blended Burgers
BBQ Chicken, Black Bean, Sweet Potato Blended Burgers with Blueberry Pineapple Salsa
This sweet and savory burger is not only packed with flavor, but is bursting with color, fiber, and a touch of heat in every bite. An added bonus? Our blended burger is topped with a cooling blueberry pineapple salsa that provides the perfect balance to the patty’s tangy BBQ spice blend.
Serving size: 1 burger | Makes 6 servings
|FOR BLUEBERRY PINEAPPLE SALSA|
|2/3 cup blueberries|
|1/3 cup diced pineapple|
|3 TBSP finely chopped red onion|
|1 TBSP minced jalapeno|
|1 TBSP chopped cilantro|
|1/2 TBSP lime juice|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|FOR THE BURGERS|
|1 cup cooked black beans (if using canned, rinse and drain)|
|12 ounces ground chicken, 40% lean|
|6 ounce sweet potato, peeled and shredded|
|2 teaspoons brown sugar|
|1-1/4 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Pinch ground black pepper|
|6 whole wheat hamburger buns|
- Prepare blueberry pineapple salsa: In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Toss until evenly mixed and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mash half of the black beans with a fork or potato masher. Add the remaining beans, ground chicken, sweet potato, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper and mix until evenly combined. Using your hands, form into 4 oz burger patties.
- Prepare a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Sear patties on both sides until cooked through. Internal temperature should reach 165F.
- Serve each burger on a whole wheat hamburger bun and top with ¼ cup of blueberry pineapple salsa.
Nutrition information per serving: 330 calories, 11g fat, 3g saturated fat, 590mg sodium, 53g carbohydrates, 7g fiber, 11g sugar, 21g protein
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish. Check out our current openings here:
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at email@example.com.