14 Salads to Change Up Your Menu
Swapping in a salad for lunch or dinner is a great way to ensure you're getting in your daily intake of fruits and veggies. But "salad" doesn't have to equate to a bowl of sad, wilted lettuce, with a handful of the nearest toppings.
To help change things up, we've put together a list of our favorite salads (and dressings) that will inspire your next meal!
Let's start with the basics. Having a few go-to salads in your recipe repertoire is always a good idea! Try these:
- Kale, Citrus, Feta Salad - This recipe supports you with a dose of vitamin C from both citrus fruit and kale. Double your serving and you'll meet almost your entire daily needs with 70 mg.
- Mediterranean Salad, Green Goddess Dressing - Our recipe for Mediterranean Salad, Green Goddess Dressing uses common ingredients that are easily found on a traditional salad bar or easy to source in your home kitchen. (pictured above)
- Baby Kale, Currant Salad, Honey Lemon Vinaigrette - With just a few main ingredients, this salad still packs a punch of flavor. Simplicity is key!
Not all salads need to have lettuce or leafy greens. If you're looking for something outside the box, try one of these Anti-Lettuce Salads:
- Fattoush Salad - This traditional Middle Eastern salad combines bright herbs, fresh vegetables, citrusy lemon and sumac, and -- of course -- crispy pita.
- Soba Noodle, Kimchi, Cucumber Salad - Kimchi adds dynamic flavor and crunch – and healthy probiotic bacteria – to our this refreshing noodle and cucumber salad. (pictured above)
- Broccoli Apple Salad, Greek Yogurt Dressing - Delicious on its own or as a perfectly tangy, sweet, and crunchy side dish to your next cookout. This Broccoli Apple Salad, Greek Yogurt Dressing is super easy to make!
Go for the Grains with our grain-based salads! Make pantry staples like quinoa and farro the star of the plate while playing with seasonal toppings:
- Quinoa, Strawberry, Avocado Salad - Super simple light lunch or side, this salad will play to your savory and sweet taste buds. (pictured above)
- Mexican Quinoa Salad, Pumpkin Seeds, Cilantro - Try it warm. Try it cold. Try it on its own or inside tacos. This salad is versatile and will add bright color and flavor to any plate.
- Grilled Scallion, Farro, Mint Salad, Lemon-Miso Dressing - Fresh mint, bright lemon, chewy farro, crispy carrots -- what's not to love?
- Moroccan Quinoa, Beet, Carrot Salad - Take your taste buds to North Africa with our recipe for Moroccan Quinoa, Beet, Carrot Salad. A combination of spices and fresh herbs give this simple dish complex flavor.
- Spinach Quinoa Salad with Yogurt Honey Dijon Dressing - This salad checks all of the boxes - quick, healthy, minimal prep, and great for leftovers. Protein-packed eggs and fiber-rich quinoa and vegetables make this salad a filling meal for lunch or dinner.
Pack a punch with your proteins and let them start in your salad!
- Southwest Salad, Greek Yogurt Ranch - This Southwest Salad features a big bowl of leafy greens tossed with whole-grain quinoa, chipotle grilled tofu, and plenty of colorful, crisp, and crunch toppings.
- Asian Tofu Salad, Golden Beet, Ginger, Turmeric Vinaigrette - Let edamame and tofu take front and center in this delicious salad.
- Chicken Caesar Freekeh Salad - Everything you love about a classic Caesar, including homemade dressing, plus some ancient grains and chicken to keep your taste buds on their toes and your stomach satisfied.(pictured above)
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!