The Ultimate Gift Guide for the Kitchen-Lover in Your Life
The holiday season is upon us and it can get really overwhelming to come up with thoughtful and creative gifts for everyone in your life -- so FLIK is taking the guess work out of your holiday shopping and providing a few tips for all the foodies, chefs, and hospitality lovers in your life.
For the Foodie who Also Loves Books
Cookbooks are a great gift for those who love to expand their culinary repertoire. Whether the professional chef or the home cook, 2019 was filled with great cookbooks that everyone will love. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Alison Roman's Nothing Fancy is a New York Times Bestseller and the book responsible for the viral salted chocolate chunk shortbread you saw all over Instagram this fall. Roman's cookbook is all about simplicity in hosting and truly just enjoying a meal with friends. You may also remember Roman as one of the judges at this year's Zero Waste Challenge. Get her book here.
- Looking for a little history with your cooking? Don't pass up Jubilee. This wonderful books takes readers through the history of African-American cooking including origins of meals, how they've evolved over time, and one-of-a-kind anecdotes that any history buff will love. Not only is it filled with great recipes, but it's one of the best history lessons you can get! Get the book here.
- For the person in your life who binged Netflix's "The Irishman," who always has fresh parm in their fridge, and only buys imported prosciutto (never domestic), Pasta Grannies is the must-buy. Based on the hit YouTube channel, this Italian matriarchs provide loving stories about their families and kitchens, while sharing beloved family Italian recipes. Get the book here.
Gifts Under $25
- For the eco-friendly friend, a set of reusable flatware will go a long way! Cleverly designed to fit together, this recyclable and sustainable set will help keep the planet a little greener everyday.
- Every chef knows a spoon rest is such a helpful tool. Get silly with this "Rest in Grease" spoon rest from Fishs Eddy.
- Aprons are always a great option for the chef in your life. Whether monogrammed, holiday themed, something silly, or something simple -- you can really personalize this gift for the cook in your life.
Gifts Under $50
- Many of our chefs said they can't live without a pair of quality, nonstick metal tongs. Perfect for grilling, sauteing, flipping, or even stirring, a pair of quality tongs are a great gift (and just the right size for stocking stuffers!)
Hello, Splurge! Gifts Over $100
- A KitchenAid Standing Mixer never hurt anyone. Amber Simmons, Executive Chef with FLIK Hospitality at a location in Indiana says its one of the kitchen items she can't live without!
- All good hosts love great platters. Opt for something festive like this dashing Dasher Marble Platter from Anthropolgie.
- For the whiskey lover in your life, consider this decadent, hand crafted, blown glass decanter with whiskey tumblers.
Heartwarming Ideas for the Ones You Love
If a kitchen item doesn't cut it for you, you can always make a donation in your loved one's name to a food-related charity of your choice. While many overindulge this season, for others it is incredibly hard to get buy.
What We Were Talking About in 2018: Guest Chef Series: Meet Maria Mercedes Grubb
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!