Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
Cauliflower Fried "Rice" is one of our favorite recipes thus far in 2019 and let us tell you why:
- Functional Food: You're getting a phytonutrient boost from cruciferous cauliflower, which may help to lower inflammation and reduce your risk of cancer.
- Low carb appeal: Don't get us wrong, we love our carbs, especially whole grains. But swapping cauliflower in for rice reduces overall total calories, meaning we can eat more. Right? Right! (Insider info: Stay tuned for more low carb dishes in the coming weeks!)
- All. That. Flavor. (But with less than 10 ingredients): Sesame oil, soy sauce, freshly minced ginger. I promise, you won't even know it's cauliflower and not rice. The flavor is spot on.
Pair Cauliflower Fried "Rice" with Malaysian Stir-Fried Turmeric Chicken for a well-rounded Asian-inspired, healthy meal.
Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
Cauliflower Fried "Rice" packs a phytonutrient boost in a low-in-carb, low-in-calorie package without skimping on flavor!
Serving size: 1/2 cup, Makes 6 servings
|1 pound roughly chopped cauliflower|
|1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas|
|1/2 cup diced carrots|
|1 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1 tablespoon minced ginger|
|1 egg white|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon chopped scallions|
- Place small batch of chopped cauliflower in a food processor, pulse until the size of rice. Continue until all cauliflower is rice-size.
- Blanch carrots and peas in boiling water about three minutes or until vibrant in color. Transfer to an ice bath to immediately stop cooking.
- Heat sesame and canola oils in a pan. Add cauliflower rice and ginger. Stir fry until cauliflower is lightly browned.
- Add carrots and peas. Cook until heated through and tender.
- Push veggies to the sides, creating a space in the center of the pan.
- Pour in egg whites. Let them sit to slightly set, then stir until scrambled.
- Mix eggs into cauliflower and vegetables.
- Stir in soy sauce and green onion. Cook until soy sauce is absorbed.
Nutrition information per serving: 75 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 210 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrates, 2 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein
What We Were Talking About in 2018: Tasting Transformation: What Data Means for the Hospitality Industry
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at email@example.com.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!