Caprese Stuffed Avocado
In honor of Blood Pressure Awareness Month, we’ve got one more potassium-rich stuffed avocado recipe to dish out. If you though our Turkey Taco Meat Stuffed Avocado was delish, you’re going to be a fan of our Caprese Stuffed Avocado too.
It’s so simple and requires zero cooking. Just whip up a simple caprese salad with summer tomatoes, fresh mozz, extra virgin olive oil, and high-quality balsamic. And voila! Stuff it in that avo half. We like to pair a Caprese Stuffed Avocado with a small salad or piece of fruit to enjoy as a light meal.
Caprese Stuffed Avocado
Our Caprese Stuffed Avocado recipe is so simple and require zero cooking. Just whip up a simple caprese salad and scoop it into that avo half!
Serving size: 1 each, Makes 4 servings
|1/4 cup balsamic vinegar|
|2 whole avocados|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|1/8 + 1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 + 1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced|
|8 ounce grape tomatoes, sliced in half|
|1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil|
1. Prepare balsamic vinegar reduction: Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until volume reduces by half.
2. Cut avocados in half. Discard pits. (DO NOT PEEL. Leave skin intact.) Cut a sliver of the skin off of the bottom of each half so that avocados sit flat, instead of tilting once they are stuffed.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, canola oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Brush avocados with oil and lime juice mixture. Chill avocados.
4. In a medium sized bowl, toss mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil with olive oil and remaining salt and pepper.
5. In each avocado half, place 1/2 cup caprese salad mixture. Drizzle each 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar reduction.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories, 19 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 455 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, 4 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 6.5 g protein
What We Were Talking About in 2018: FLIKStories: Meet DeWayne
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!