FISD Revved Up Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bar
Make the most of berry season by mixing up a batch of Revved Up Mixed Berry Bars! This whole-grain, fruit-based dessert is a great way to utilize your haul of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries after a day of berry picking.
Our Revved Up recipes aren't about "sneaking" in hidden vegetables; instead, it's about enhancing kid-friendly favorites with additional vegetables and fruits, never compromising on flavor or texture.
Made with fresh fruit, oats, and whole wheat flour, this treat is packed with the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and energy needed to make the most of your summer. As a recipe that is sure to please both kids and adults alike, Revved Up Mixed Berry Bars would make a great dessert to bring to a picnic or over to a barbeque.
Revved Up Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bar
Makes 12 portions
|1 c. fresh strawberries|
|1 c. fresh blueberries|
|1 c. fresh raspberries|
|1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice|
|1 1/2 tsp. honey|
|1/2 tsp. vanilla extract|
|1 tbsp cornstarch|
|1 tbsp water|
|1/3 c. canola oil|
|1/2 c. apple juice|
|2 1/4 c. rolled oats|
|2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour|
|1 1/2 c. light brown sugar|
|1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp. baking soda|
- Mix the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Set aside.
- Reserve ½ cup blueberries, ½ cup raspberries aside. In a small sauce pot, cook remaining berries over medium heat. Add lemon juice, vanilla, honey and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cornstarch slurry and continue to simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Strain in fine mesh colander to any remove seeds and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda until all lumps are removed.
- Drizzle oil and apple juice over oat mixture and combine until evenly moistened and crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.
- Press oat mixture (minus 1/2 cup reserved) evenly into prepared pan and then spread berry mixture over crust. Sprinkle with remaining raspberries, blueberries, and oat topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and then cut into 12 equal portions.
If you've got an abundance of berries, don't forget to try these recipes:
- Mixed Berry Chia Jam, Ricotta, Sunflower Seed Toast
- Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta, Strawberry Basil
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Fruit
- Quinoa, Strawberry, Avocado Salad
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish. Check out our current openings here:
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.