6 Ways to Celebrate Stone Fruit Season
Summer may be synonymous with delicious, dripping watermelon, but it's also the season of stone fruit!
Stone fruits are a family of sweet and tart fruits that get their name from the single pit or "stone" in the center of their fleshy goodness. If you've taken a trip to the farmer's market, you're bound to see a growing abundance of these fruits including peaches, plums, apricots, cherries, nectarines, and more. Stock up on these ripe seasonal hand fruits right now to enjoy as a perfect snack or leverage one of our many recipes that celebrate stone fruits.
And don't forget to read Four Ways to Maximize Your Farmer's Market Haul to make the most of your weekly produce shopping.
- Stone Fruit Oatmeal: Start your morning with a hearty bowl of oatmeal and add diced stone fruit to naturally sweeten things up.
- Summer Breakfast Smoothie Bowls: A super simple, but incredibly fun and kid-friendly recipe for a cool breakfast option during the summer months. Mix up your fruit combinations and toppings to get creative!
- Arctic Char Burger, Mango Avocado Relish: Pair a mild fish like arctic char with ripe, lush mango and mellow avocado for a well-balanced and nutritious main course.
- Crispy Tempeh Quinoa Cake, Mango Chili Sauce: These crispy cakes are filled with fresh flavor from ginger and cilantro, topped with a sweet and tangy mango chili sauce. Enjoy them all for dinner with the family, make mini-sized cakes for your next gathering hors d'oeuvres.
- Frozen Yogurt Popsicles: FISD Registered Dietitian Lisa makes delicious yogurt and fruit-based frozen yogurt popsicles with her children as a sweet, refreshing way to beat the heat.
- Grilled Peach, Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Honey Oat Crumble: Sticky and sweet grilled peaches are the star of the show, only to be enhanced with tart and creamy Greek yogurt and crunchy oat crumble.
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish. Check out our current openings here:
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.