Summer Camp Series: In the Garden
With summer in full swing, home gardens are abundant with fresh produce and herbs, but what do you do with all those hard stems, pepper ribs, tomato cores, and unused veggie scraps? Why not start a home compost!
A great way to reduce food waste at home, composting is essentially a form of recycling, but instead of sending our food waste to a recycling center, we reap the benefits right in our own gardens!
This week, Amanda discusses how to start a home compost and what types of items you can use to enrich your garden soil.
Interested in reading more? Read our blog post to get The Dirt on Composting!
If you're looking to extend your green thumb even further, try some of our zero-waste FLIK to Stem recipes like:
- Broccoli Cauliflower Slaw, Pumpkin Seeds, Cranberries
- Mixed Berry Chia Jam, Ricotta, Sunflower Seed Toast
- Crispy Parmesan Potato Peels
- Black Bean Spread, Boiled Egg, Avocado Toast
Be sure to check out all the previous editions of our Summer Camp Series:
- Summer Camp Series: Summer Breakfast Smoothie Bowls
- Summer Camp Series: Summer Sips to Beat the Heat
- Summer Camp Series: 3 Healthy Beachside Snacks
- Summer Camp Series: Scrumptious Summer Desserts
- Summer Camp Series: Chill Out with Gazpacho
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at email@example.com.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!