Friendships By FLIK: Thanksgiving Appetizers
When it comes to Thanksgiving, the day of feasting is a marathon, not a sprint. And the day starts with serving up the right appetizers.
Don't Skip the Dip
- Let's say it together: Butternut Squash Queso Dip. It's easy and it's cheesy! Check out how easy it to make this recipe with Tracy.
- Our Black Bean, Cheddar, Tomato Dip is a healthier version of traditional bean dip. We serve it with veggies for color, crunch, and flavor, but it's obviously delicious with tortilla chips too.
- Serve Greek Yogurt, Spinach, Artichoke Dip instead of the mayo-laden version and you’re shaving off almost 200 calories, 6 grams of saturated fat, and 150 mg sodium in a single serving. It deserves to be in the center of the party spread, so go ahead.
Consider Starting with Soup
- Michelle says not to be intimidated by cooking with real pumpkin, and her creamy Pumpkin Fennel Soup will knock the socks off your guests. Love pumpkin? Don't forget about these 3 Ways to Use Pumpkin.
- If pumpkin isn't up your alley, Alex's Butternut Squash Soup is another crowd pleaser.
Bring on the Finger Food
- Jenna's Spinach & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are bite sized little morsels of yum.
- Veggie-based hors d'oeuvres are a great way to start your holiday dinner. Try our Charred Chili Honey Broccoli, Ricotta Crostini as a Thanksgiving app for a crowd.
- Skip the French baguette, and use a par-baked sweet potato for these Sweet Potato "Crostini," Pear, Goat Cheese, Fig.
Need more Thanksgiving inspiration? Have no fear, FLIK is here.
Check out our entire Holidays By FLIK cooking library today! And read more in this series:
- Friendships By FLIK: Hosting Virtual Thanksgiving
- Friendships By FLIK: Let’s Talk Turkey
- Friendships By FLIK: Perfect Thanksgiving Sides
What We Were Talking About in 2019: Tofu Poke, Wakame Seaweed, Corn
What We Were Talking About in 2018: What the FLIK is... Ghee?
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!