Cookie Swap: Gingerbread Sandwiches
Today is the final day of our virtual cookie swap! Our final recipe is a delicious ode to the seasonal Gingerbread Man, a Gingerbread Sandwich Tree Cookie.
Flor's Gingerbread Sandwiches Trees
Fun and festive cookie sandwich trees that will be a huge hit for all ages.
Recipe By: Flor Ayala
Baked By: Sandy Koehler
|3/4 c. butter, softened|
|1 c. brown sugar|
|3/4 c. molasses|
|4 c. all purpose flour|
|3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1 tsp. ground ginger|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|1 tsp. salt|
|1 can vanilla frosting|
|Green food color (optional)|
- Cream butter and brown sugar together. Beat in egg and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, baking soda, ginger, and salt. Gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
- Preheat oven to 235 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1/8 in thick form. Cut trees with cookie cutter.
- Gently press m&ms into half of the cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine frosting and green food coloring. Spread onto the bottoms of the plain cookies and top with the m&m pressed cookies to make a sandwich.
In case you missed our entire cookie swap, here are all the recipes to check out:
- Day 1: Cookie Swap: Sara's Caramel Heart Chocolate Cookies
- Day 2: Cookie Swap: Peyton's Pecan Caramels
- Day 3: Cookie Swap: Tracy's Puppy Paws
- Day 4: Cookie Swap: Keri's Snickerdoodle
- Day 5: Cookie Swap: Jenna's Maple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 6: Cookie Swap: Granny's Mini Coconut Pies
- Day 7: Cookie Swap: Daniel's Biscotti Falcona Marittima
- Day 8: Cookie Swap: Michaela's Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Day 9: Cookie Swap: Sandy's Gingersnaps
- Day 10: Cookie Swap: Danielle's Chocolate Saltine Bar
- Day 11: Cookie Swap: Nicole's Soft Baked Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Day 12: Cookie Swap: John's Springerle Cookie
- Day 13: Cookie Swap: Emily's Pistachio Linzer Hearts
- Day 14: Cookie Swap: Kerry's Take a Hike Cookies
- Day 15: Cookie Swap: David's Cherry Pom Pom
- Day 16: Cookie Swap: Liz's Italian Seven Layer Cookies (Rainbow Cookies)
- Day 17: Cookie Swap: Victoria's Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!