Cookie Swap: Danielle's Chocolate Saltine Bar
It's Week 3 and Day 10 of our delicious virtual cookie swap! Have you been following along with the FLIK team as we share and exchange some of our favorite holiday desserts?
Today, Michaela takes on Danielle's Chocolate Saltine Bar, a salty, sweet, crunchy treat that the whole family will love. Check out the recipe below!
For those who haven't been following along, we decided to take our holiday traditions virtual this year and transformed our cookie swap into a completely digital experience. All month long, we've been swapping our favorite homemade treats among the FLIK Family. Here are some of the other recipes from this year's swap:
- Day 1: Cookie Swap: Sara's Caramel Heart Chocolate Cookies
- Day 2: Cookie Swap: Peyton's Pecan Caramels
- Day 3: Cookie Swap: Tracy's Puppy Paws
- Day 4: Cookie Swap: Keri's Snickerdoodle
- Day 5: Cookie Swap: Jenna's Maple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 6: Cookie Swap: Granny's Mini Coconut Pies
- Day 7: Cookie Swap: Daniel's Biscotti Falcona Marittima
- Day 8: Cookie Swap: Michaela's Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Day 9: Cookie Swap: Sandy's Gingersnaps
Danielle's Chocolate Saltine Bar
Saltines are used as the base for this cookie bark, which are topped with chocolate and chopped pecans for a sweet and salty treat.
Recipe By: Danielle Cushing
Baked By: Michaela Samson
|Saltine crackers (enough to fill the bottom of a cookie sheet)|
|2 sticks butter|
|1 c. sugar|
|10-12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1/2 c. chopped pecans|
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Use a lipped cookie sheet. Completely cover (up and over edges) with aluminum foil, shiny side down. Spray with cooking spray. Line cookie sheet with a single layer of Saltine’s, salt side down.
- Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly bring to a boil and, STIRRING CONSTANTLY, boil 3-5 minutes. Pour butter mixture over the Saltines and spread evenly using a rubber spatula. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit a few minutes until the chocolate is melty. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the chocolate out and spread evenly on top of the butter layer.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate. Once hardened, remove from refrigerator and break bark into pieces. Can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
At FLIK Hospitality Group we believe in great food, great service, and great people. Our wellness first approach ensures our food supports healthy and delicious choices, specially curated by our team of culinary experts and registered dietitians. At FLIK, we believe in seasonality in sourcing our ingredients and providing a customized approach to the culinary and hospitality needs of each client. Our dedication to providing quality hospitality service is unparalleled in the industry.
Have feedback or questions for our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with us? Apply today!